Wednesday, 19 January 2011

Use of new media technologies

My two main achievements throughout the project (excluding the fact I actually managed to complete it on my own rather than a group which made me very proud!) were my use of iMovie on the Macs, and Macromedia Fireworks.



In the process of using iMovie for the first time, I learnt how to (amongst other things):




  • Cut



  • Add visual effects



  • Overlap sound with visual



  • Remove sound from clips



  • Add transitions



  • Add text to a slide



  • Speed up and slow down clips


  • Edit in general!


I needed Fireworks to edit my images taken, particularly of Emma. I learnt how to use curves to change the contrast of my pictures, as well as altering the saturation (on the advert picture).



I used a professional camera when shooting from the school's photography department, as well as the camcorder to shoot the video itself.



Examples of two images that I changed using Macromedia Fireworks are:



ORIGINALS ------------------- EDITS

Another form of technology used in all stages has been this blog. Processing everything digitally has meant that accessing and editing posts has been a lot easier, and all of my work has been laid out far clearer than if it was hand written. It is also more organised doing my evaluation on here than on a power point or podcast, and I feel I can give more detail on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment