Wednesday, 3 November 2010

Finalised planning for video

Setting

Model - Filmed in the woods, surrounded by trees. This will not only give an impression of seclusion, but also one of eerieness accompanied by the timing of when I film which will hopefully be around 4 o'clock so as I said before it is not too dark but also light enough to create a strange effect to add to the portrayal of insanity.

Band - Abandoned workshop at the farm. There are spare bright lights there that were originally used for when the carpenter needed to do some cutting or modelling very precisely. Therefore these lights can be moved around and used to create the atmosphere that I want. Also the setting itself is quite confined but will also enable the band members to move about and I can then direct them to do certain actions that will reflect the typical styles that MSI display in their performances.


Costume

Model - Basic "grunge" clothes, nothing dressed up as the point of the model is to portray insanity, not a picture perfect female as in most music videos. Minimal make up and tied back hair, basic costume and nothing too extravagant.

Band - The masks will be the main focus, as I wanted to adapt away from the original band. Whereas MSI often dress in strange attire (such as Jimmy Urine wearing fish net vests and shorts with the crotch out to look like a skirt), the focus for my band was more on the facial and obvious appearance as opposed to the costume itself. However at the same time I also tried to make sure that all members of the band wore dark colours so that there was a certain uniformity to contrast the different masks.


Band props

The model requires no additional props, however the band will inevitably require instruments. I also intend to make full use of anything that has been left in the work shop, for instance I am aware that there is an old wooden chair, side boards and general use of the space itself. I will focus more on the lead singer, allowing him to use any resources at hand to emphasise the "insanity" theme and project the feeling of going crazy.
MSI's main engaging aspect is their ability to put on a truly unique performance, and therefore the lead singer will be directed to do whatever he deems necessary to get that point across as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment