Monday, 25 October 2010
Research
Over the course of the last few lessons, I have been studying various rock and indy music magazines to gather more knowledge for my first ancillary task of producing an advertisement for the new single. I have looked at various magazines including Kerrang!, Q, NME and RockSound. The most beneficial of these proved to be Kerrang!, as it varied the music genre genre with rock, metal, pop/rock and others. I used many examples, comparing each of them judging which layout would be the best and most likely to catch a reader's attention. Having an eye-catching image in the centre of the advert proved most effective, as I was often drawn to it when reading through the magazine. Also, a bold title, or bright logo for the band grabbed me, making me want to know who the advert was for (i.e the band/what track)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment